Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swimming With Spots

I can't overemphasize the versatility of a shirt dress. With flats or heels or tights or none, I have worn this one in all seasons to work, to the movies, and to holiday parties. I find that short sleeves (or no sleeves) are best because they more easily under a cardigan for layering.
I don't usually wear fun earrings when I wear my hair down, because they just get lost in the length. I thought this teacher bun would be a great opportunity to show off my newest earrings.
I have always wanted a pair of coral branch earrings, so when I saw these beads at Michael's craft store I made my first foray into jewelry making. It was as simple as buying lever-back hooks and attaching the branches with pliers, so I think I might try to start making some more bling.
Red and turquoise is such a great tweak on the classic red and blue, so choosing my second accent colour was easy. I have had these shoes for about eight years but they are still going strong. I love the tonal mix of leather, suede and (fake) snakeskin.

Dress: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Shoes: CF by Falchi, Winners
Earrings: Self made with components from Michael's
Glasses: Kate Spade Franca, Amazon.com
Bag: Kate Spade, Winners

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/12/2011

    love this outfit! it's so sleek and sophisticated!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/08/2012

    Cute look - thanks for sharing! I have been searching far and wide for a photo of an ACTUAL PERSON wearing the kate spade "franca" sunglasses. Wanted to get them, but wanted to see how they look on a real face first...thanks!

    ReplyDelete