Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paying You Complements

Perhaps complementary colors, animal prints, and sequins don't belong in the same outfit, but I'm loving my fun, bold look that manages to be interesting but also casual enough for a laid back day of walking around downtown Victoria.
Complementary colors, to me, have always seemed much easier to pair than those that neighbor each other on the color wheel. I find myself feeling much less daring to pair blue with orange than I would to pair red with orange. This skirt is so comfortable, but professional enough for me to teach in. As Erin and I have often discussed, when shopping on a budget, it helps to mostly buy pieces that you can imagine wearing for multiple aspects of your life. This skirt can transition from work to a night out to a casual day of shopping -- the kind of staple you need in your wardrobe.
The metallics in the both the tank top and the shoes work well as neutrals against the contrasting coral and blue. Although I am a big fan of sequins, I think every girl can find a place for a sequins top in her wardrobe, especially one in gray or creams, colors that can work well under sweaters in the daytime, but can easily transition, when paired with jeans and a statement necklace, to the center of a fun night out outfit. Look at all these helpful wardrobe hints I have today.
Skirt: Joe Fresh, Joe Fresh Store downtown Vancouver
Tank top: Joe Fresh, Joe Fresh Store downtown Vancouver
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Sandals: Gap
I love how the yellow bag adds an extra pop of color, allowing me to sneakily rock the primary colors. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment