Friday, June 10, 2011

Middle School Shopping Habits

Middle school was, for me, a time to buy the same clothes as my friends, to prove that we were indeed best friends, but in different colors, because of course we were still individuals. Erin and I revitalized the middle school approach to shopping at the Joe Fresh store in downtown Vancouver, purchasing this cardigan (and these skirts) in its different variations of black and white. Erin's styling of the cardigan can be seen here for those of you with a fondness for side by side comparison.
Despite my serious commitment to the color blocking trend, I still really love wearing one pop of color with black and white patterns, and, to me, red is by far the best color for this job. Aside from this color, I felt like each piece in the outfit had a pair. The beautiful detailing in the cardigan -- the back is seriously amazing -- was highlighted by the other black-and-white patterned piece, the polka dot scarf used as a belt.
I also layered my metallics with the brooch on the tank top -- a fun way to add interest without color.
Cardigan: Joe Fresh, downtown Vancouver store
Tank top: Joe Fresh, downtown Vancouver store
Skirt: Thrifted and hemmed, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Scarf: Made (by mom) after hemming thrifted dress
Brooch: Self-made, from headband from Kohl's
Sunglasses: Gifted by Erin, the Bay
Shoes: Target
This outfit feels both fun and chic, even if it was a bit dressy for running errands at the grocery store, Walmart (the glamorous location of the shoot), and Kinko's. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/12/2011

    what a cute outfit! love the red skirt with the black and white polka dots
    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete