Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yacht Club Application


In this very nautical outfit, don't you just want to immediately admit me into your yacht club? Please focus on the anchor-printed tee, the bright boat shoes, the blue and white striped belt, and the whistle necklace if you aren't immediately convinced.
My mom hemmed these shorts for me from my high-waisted pants that, while a remarkable thrift store find, hit my ankles at a weird length and were maybe a bit too high-waisted for dress pants. As shorts that slightly resemble bloomers and certainly remind me of the 1940s, I think they're near perfect.

I thought this outfit was the perfect way to introduce my new boat shoes. I've been wanting a pair for a while now, drooling over Sperry's online for quite some time, and when I found this shockingly bright pink pair on sale at Payless, I took it as fate. Boat shoes, to me, are a great summer alternative to sneakers. They look great with shorts, casual skirts, and cuffed jeans, and they are comfortable, durable, and so nautical.
Shirt: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore, Prince George
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed from pants, Alabaster Attic thrift store, Greensburg
Shoes: Payless
Belt: Vintage, on dress, Eons, Pittsburgh
Necklace: Front and Company, Main Street, Vancouver
Sunglasses: The Hills, Kerrisdale, Vancouver
If I seem a little exhausted in these pictures, it's because I was! My cousin took them after six hours of setting up and attending a high school graduation party. Phew. The summer life of leisure can be exhausting. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/14/2011

    super cute summer outfit! love the shoes!
    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. mono brown6/15/2011

    You got em! The shoes! Lookin' good, lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mono -- I finally got them. I'm so happy about it; I wear them constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes, love the wall! I need more pink shoes and walls in my life...

    ReplyDelete