Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Darling Buds of June

Normally I wear this cardigan in more formal iterations, but I loved the way it paired with dots so much I wanted to wear it with my polka dot flats in a casual outfit.While I originally thought a short-sleeved cardigan would be totally impractical, and bought it for the print alone, I have been surprised at how often it is the perfect layering piece in a temperate climate like Vancouver's. I have been wearing my casual jean capris like crazy this spring with both t-shirts and converse and more dressed-up versions like this. I like how they make work staples like a staid floral cardigan and prim flats seem more laid-back.Because I often go for fun over practical, I have never owned a basic black camisole other than $6 spandex versions until I bought this empire-waisted one on sale at the Gap. I can't believe I ever lived without one! Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft, Ebay
Camisole: Gap
Jeans: American Eagle
Flats: Jessica Simpson, 6pm.com
Necklace: Tiffany's, gifted by my boyfriend

2 comments:

  1. Genevieve6/15/2011

    Why is Ann Taylor Loft so awesome? I love that cardigan - you look so perfect and summery (and suited to the pretty flowery campus)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! I love the LOFT- especially lately- I'm jealous of you US ladies who can actually shop there easily.

    ReplyDelete