Thursday, March 10, 2011

Aphids in the Rose Garden

Another day, another fashion risk. I wanted to take mixed patterns to the next level, so I paired polka dots and a floral in what I think was a very successful combination.
While I went the extra step and paired the mix with a skirt and bright tights, on reflection I think I would let the dots and roses shine on their own with either denim or black pants (and probably a pink shoe!) I'll keep you posted.

Blouse: Micheal Michael Kors, Ebay
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft, Ebay
Skirt: Teenflo, Winners
Tights: Hue, The Bay
Shoes: Reaction Kenneth Cole, Joneve South Grandville


3 comments:

  1. Amazing! At first glance, I thought this was just a ridiculously awesome blouse. Your bold style choices and excellent pieces are leaving me envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I disagree with pattern mixing, this works! I think it's because black and white polk-a-dot act like a neutral so you can play with it a little more. Also I absolutely love that cardi and may have to steal it from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/11/2011

    wow this is soo adorable erin! and i like it paired with those tights

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete