Thursday, March 17, 2011

Undergraduate

There's one episode of Gilmore Girls where my favorite mother-daughter team takes a road trip to Harvard, and Lorelai, mistaken for a student, is invited to a frat party. Last night, while visiting my cousin Natalie at RMU, her roommate's friend asked what college I went to, and I felt a strange sense of Lorelai-like pride. To be fair, most of the excitement may have been a result of her, even after finding out I was not only old, but just the kind of person to hand out essay assignments, complimenting my outfit, especially my shoes. The outfit, I admit, may have been a bit of pandering to the I'm-in-college-and-listen-to-indie-music-in-coffeeshops crowd.
I bought this dress at Target, thinking it would seamlessly fit into my wardrobe, but it's been a bit of a challenge. I think it's working here, so I suppose that I really just need to work the 90s vibe to truly highlight its Courtney Love, babydoll dress merits. The plaid and the Doc Martens, to me, are sort of the easy way out for looking both casual and cool.
Since the outfit already felt pretty fun, I added two more of my favorite quirky accessories: my Xena warrior princess belt and hodge-podge Anthropologie necklace.
Dress: Target
Shirt: Giveaway, Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Doc Marten's
Neckace: Anthropologie
Photos: Julie

Thanks for being such a good host, Natalie, and good luck with the rest of Greek Week! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. wow! you look like aunt dede in the first picture! love these pics!

    ReplyDelete