Monday, March 21, 2011

Honey Bee

I think you'll fully appreciate the yellow and black color palette of this outfit if you listen to Zee Avi's Honey Bee while looking at it.
For an extra special weekend of warm weather, normally far-away friends, and (what I thought to be) non-heartbreaking basketball games, I knew I needed an outfit that would work both for teaching and for looking my best to see my favorites.
I found this dress at Ross dress for less and loved its shape, its floral design, and the thin yellow belt that came with it. Really, is there anything better than a bonus belt on a dress? I immediately wanted to pair it with my new yellow sandals and vintage yellow brooch, but was then feeling very anxious about the idea of being too matched. Did I look like a bridesmaid? Should I switch out the shoes? The belt? Skip the brooch?
In the end, I went with my original instincts, adding a fun complementary color with the when-needed cardigan and a very fun detail with the earrings, which are almost a perfect negative of the dress.
Dress and belt: Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Old Navy
Cardigan: Old Navy
Earrings: Giveaway, Erin
Brooch: Vintage, Etsy
Thank you Will for taking my pictures and to all of the other amazing people who made the weekend so lovely. (Members and fans of the Butler basketball team, that does not mean you.) xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you look like a bridesmaid at all. The matching is great. And of course, I want to somehow fly across the continent and steal this dress: think of how great it will look with coloured tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it's obvious that I've been heavily influenced by your signature style. I can't wait for all the different ways to rewear it -- colored tights being a definite must!

    i"ll bring it Vancouver when I visit it. You can style it up with statement jewelry and a colored heel!

    ReplyDelete