Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday's Real Holiday

I didn't wear any green on St. Patrick's Day. I just couldn't make it a priority this year, not with Thursday being the first (not officially, but I think we can all agree that the Big Dance still starts on Thursday) day of March Madness. Instead, I wore my best blue and gold to help cheer Pitt onto their first victory in the tournament.
When you have a great piece like this yellow blazer, outfits tend to fall into place. Pairing the blazer with this dress was bit of a no brainer because of the overwhelming blue and gold theme. I didn't want to distract too much from that color combination, choosing a simple brown belt and this plain gold chain necklace that I bought second-hand at a Saturday Market, which might actually be a belt. That fact hasn't really deterred me, especially today -- the official colors are blue and gold!My white tights and brown sandals pulled the outfit together, keeping it light and fun. I was, after all, dressing in my very own version of a player's jersey (a habit I cannot support).

Dress: H&M
Blazer: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Tights: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabaster's Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
Belt: Fashion Bug
Necklace: Stand at Saturday Market, Etown
My Final Four for the tournament? Pitt (of course), Kansas, UConn, and Kentucky
My even more important Final Four for Fug Madness? Taylor "Little J" Momsen, Leona Lewis, Paz de la Huerta, and Aubrey O'Day. Little J will, of course, take all. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment