Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fashion from Friends

It is a truth universally acknowledged that if I'm wearing something extremely cool and quirky, there is a very high chance that Camilla, former roommate and Swedish superstar, bought it for me. Aside from those few years in Etown, Cammy only lives in very cool places -- Stockholm, Madrid, Minnesota (she claims it's cool) -- and is bonded to me through our love of all things quirky. Thus, through Christmas, birthday, and house guest presents, I've acquired quite the collection of cool Camilla things. This amazing owl shirt -- featuring a ribbon bow on his bow tie -- is no exception.
I went with the nerdy academic theme that the owl was rocking, and paired the shirt with one of my favorite old man cardigans and my fur color. The shorts, tights, and sandals added to the quirky feel of the outfit, a casual day off look perfect for trips to the dentist (eek!) and Target (yay!).
Shirt: Gifted, Camilla
Cardigan: Thrifted, Vancouver Hospital Thrift Store, Main Street
Fur Collar: Vintage, Etsy, Archives Chicago Shop
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Shoes: Gabes
Photos: Melissa
The garage pictures were an improvised setting to take advantage of the natural light, but stay away from the rain. I'm liking the pop of color with the shovel, though. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment