Thursday, March 24, 2011

House Pet

I wanted to title this post something very punny that mentioned cheetahs and alluded to how Erin wore a very similar dress a few days ago. But, as you may have noticed, it's best to leave the puns to her.
When I bought this dress at the Goodwill, it hung past my ankles and had oversized sleeves that tapered into a wide cuff, a dress that, without its animal print, would have been seen on Chloe Sevigny on Big Love. I had great ambitions and a talented seamstress mom who took over when my ability couldn't keep up with them. I'm very please with the house-dress type result. I'm still considering change out the buttons to brightly colored ones, but for now like the bright pop of color in the bright tights and vintage brooch.
The shoes require a close-up to see the adorable floral pom on the top of each toe, but it's the sort of detail that requires some sort of 3-D effect to really appreciate its greatness. I loved how all of the accessories in this piece where very feminine and floral, a fun contrast to the animal print and compliment to the classic shirt-dress I (Mom) created.
Dress: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown
Tights: Hue, Macy's
Brooch: Gifted, Erin, Vintage, Salvation Army, Kerrisdale
Shoes: Old Navy
And as an apology for having indoor photos despite the return of Spring, here is photographic proof that I was indeed wise to stay indoors. The hailstorm situation in Latrobe was a little outrageous.
Libby, can we convince you to now wear a black and grey animal print dress? xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/25/2011

    i like this! i don't know what it is.. but something about that dess is very falttering!

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete