Saturday, March 5, 2011

the Sweater Vest Solution

Today for class, I made my favorite little black date dress more teacher appropriate by adding a sweater vest. Sweater vests, after all, scream academia. I kept the look fairly simple, since the outfit was mostly an excuse to wear my favorite shoes. I wanted the color palette to compliment the shoes, so I chose my thin red belt, which also helped to keep the shape of the dress under the sweater, and some ivory tights. The ivory both worked well with the shoes and helped keep the outfit from looking too formal, as a pair of sheer black tights may have.
At the last second, knowing the outfit needed some jewelry, I added this necklace. It's a watch whose battery broke last year and I have yet to repair because I'm afraid that someone will tell me it's unable to be fixed. Despite missing its functionality, the necklace is still one of my favorites -- full of old-fashioned, British whimsy.
Dress: BB Dakota, Courtney, Kerrisdale, Vancouver
Sweater vest: Gabes
Belt: on thrifted dress, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Tights: George, Walmart
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Coach
Necklace: Portobello Road Market, London
Photos: Julie

I think I'd like to rewear this dress/shoes/belt combo without the sweater and with some more bling for a night out. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Another homerun, Anna! I had to zoom in b/c I just had to see the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I had a close up, but it was a sitting down shot, and you could slightly see my underwear (classy, I know).

    There are also close-ups in these posts:
    http://thetightsthatbind.blogspot.com/2010/12/overdressed-for-christmas-eve-or.html
    http://thetightsthatbind.blogspot.com/2010/12/some-groovy-hi-fi.html

    ReplyDelete