Friday, March 25, 2011

Block by Block

As someone who loves a trend, I was excited to try color blocking. My wardrobe, however, presented some challenges. For as much as I love bright colors, I don't have that many solid pieces in my wardrobe. Once I decided to center the outfit around the red skirt and stick with warm colors, the whole process instantly seemed simple. Everything fell into place, and my favorite part was adding the small accessories that heightened the colored scheme: the red belt, the warm colored bracelets, and yellow shoes.
I think the next time I try color blocking, I'll go a little bolder and pair complementary colors instead.
Skirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Shirt: Ross Dress for Less
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Shoes: Old Navy
Belt: on Thrifted dress, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Bracelets: Gifted, Jenna
I didn't wear these yellow sunglasses out of the house because I wasn't wearing my contacts and it was raining all day, but I thought they added a fun, over-the-top touch. Will you be trying color blocking this spring? xoxo Anna Rae


4 comments:

  1. Love the bracelets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They TOTALLY completed the look! Best MLK present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Emma Pilsbury!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! An easier feat to accomplish when you share a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete