Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Release the Hounds

I was so excited to find this cardigan at the Joe Fresh store in downtown Vancouver (American readers can look forward to a Joe store in NY soon) as I am always looking for variations on my perpetual black and white theme.
While I usually pair this houndstooth blouse with colour, I liked how the white stitching made the white in the pattern pop.
And, of course, a yellow belt and turquoise flats can do no wrong, letting me walk the line between personal style and professional polish with comfort and ease. Regular readers might notice that both Anna and I usually wear flats-- while I appreciate the sky-high heels worn by many prominent fashion bloggers (and like to wear heels myself), working nine-to-five, whether teaching or otherwise, is just more practical in flats. And I still think we look great!
I can't get enough of the Chanel-esq back detail on this cardigan and, as always, the shine of a patent shoe. Not only does patent look great, as I have noted before, I find it wears better, especially in rainy climates.
Cardigan: Joe Fresh Granville Street
Blouse: Tory Burch, Ebay
Pants: Gap
Belt: JCrew, J Crew Factory Store
Shoes: Banana Republic, Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment