Monday, May 30, 2011

Gold Rush Woman

Last week, Charity took me on a field trip to Barkerville, a ghost town originally established during the Gold Rush, located a few hours outside of Prince George, BC. While there, I alternated between feeling quite overdressed and very appreciated by the women dressed as the Postal Worker, the General Store owner, and the home maker. My tights even inspired a discussion about stocking in the early 1900s.

There's a lot going on in this outfit, but I really like the pairing of florals in both bright colors and black and white. Although my bright pink tank top might not normally be the best pairing for a coral sweater, I felt like the color was muted by the black and white lace top, and the colors tied in the floral shoes nicely.

I was excited to wear a racer back tank top with the top, to highlight both the lace and the button closure.

Cardigan: Anthrologie

Top: Modcloth

Tank top: Walmart
Skirt: Anthropologie

Shoes: Old Navy

My time in Vancouver is winding down far too quickly, but there might still be a joint Anna-Erin post in the Tights that Bind's future. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment