Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Me and You and Everyone We Know

Today, both Erin and I are participating in Every Body Every Wear's Floral Challenge. These challenges ask bloggers to style one of their most basic pieces, and this month's focus was on florals. Fitting, I'd say, for how lovely the weather has become.
Florals | Everybody, Everywear
I immediately knew that I wanted to wear this skirt for the challenge. While (perhaps because) its floral pattern is more abstract and not immediately in your face, it is one of my favorite. I also wanted to incorporate florals in the other parts of my outfit.
I clustered my floral brooches together on my cardigan, a look that was fun and bridged together the two color combinations in the outfit: black and white, pink and red.
Because the main floral piece was more abstract, the print white-on-white, with thin strips of color distinguishing the design, I felt like I could overload with flowers without it being overwhelming. I wore my black flats with a floral pom, giving the outfit three different types of floral designs.
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village, Vacouver
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin
Shoes: Old Navy
Bracelet: Gifted, Camilla
Brooches: on sweater (red), DIY from Kohl's headband (black), Vintage, Arterie, Montreal (rhinestone)
Make sure to check Every Body Every Wear throughout the day to see how other people styled their florals! xoxo Anna Rae

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you wore a) this skirt, and b) red and pink together! And the touches of black really tie the look together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/10/2011

    Love this outfit! So many fun things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Pink and red. My mom always told me they clashed when I attempted this combination as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom always told me that too, but I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/10/2011

    omg so cute!! i love that skirt

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love love this look. the colors and the different pops of unique details. you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete