Thursday, May 26, 2011

Unnatural Selection

What is underneath this jacket will not come as a surprise to any faithful readers (and likely was not unexpected for my students either): animal print.
Why would I add yet another leopard to my menagerie? Because it's pink! I adore the classic-with-a-twist sensibility of coloured animal prints like green leopard or blue zebra.Because of the pinks, this print almost reads as a floral, which I why I topped it with a vintage tone-on-tone brooch. Brooches work just as well on prints as solids, so experiment!
This blouse is a perfect example of a budget Ebay find. It's Banana Republic, so I knew it would fit, and my sole $5.99 bid (plus $2 shipping) took it home. Most of Banana Republic's blouses are silk rather than polyester, and are great value. Browse for your favourite brand and see what you find.
My cut-out pointy-toed flats finally skipped their last, so I replaced them with this beautiful patent pair. I was really looking for another version with toe cut-outs, but the flat bows are so beautiful it was an easy compromise.
Blouse: Banana Republic, Ebay
Jacket: Mac and Jac, La Belle Vie Consignment Kerrisdale
Capris: Gap
Brooch: Vintage, Etsy
Flats: Restricted, Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment