Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Old Stomping Grounds

Well, readers, I made it to Vancouver! Of course, brunch and blog photographers with Erin were at the top of my list of things to do (I've been in Vancouver for four days and have already had two brunches. I feel good about those stats). Obviously, I wanted to dress to impress,which seemed like the perfect opportunity to debut my newly tailored skirt. When my beautiful strapless dress from H&M no longer fit, talioring it into a high waisted skirt seemed like the perfect solution. I'm very pleased with the result.

I wanted to pair the coral with only yellow because I love the way the bright colors looked together. Since I was already working with two bright colors, I didn't feel too matchy-matchy wearing a yellow cardigan, belt, and shoes. Also, I loved the way the floral detail on the cardgian worked with the floral pattern on the skirt.


Skirt: H&M, Tailored from dress
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Belt: on dress, Ross Dress for Less
Necklace: Romwe
It's so nice to be back in Vancouver, with Erin taking my blog photos in one of many beautiful corners at UBC. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/22/2011

    Glad your having fun brunching in Vancouver!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip :)
    love the fact you tailored a dress into a skirt... genius.

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete