Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Brights

Today is my first official day of summer, and I'm celebrating with sunglasses, straw hat, and some color blocking.
The trend of color blocking has been really great for remixing my wardrobe. I feel so much braver when throwing together three different solids (purple, lime green, and coral) with a printed sundress whose main colors don't quite match (blue, pink red). The result, I think, is fun and bright.
I love my new lime green belt -- a recent thrift store find -- and pairing it with my coral shoes. Coral has definitely been my favorite color this season, and lime green might be my new favorite for its complement.
This peacock necklace, from the same shop as the telephone, fit in perfectly with all of the colors in the outfit. I have a special fondness for peacocks, as most people who love bright colors probably do.

Dress: American Eagle
Sweater: Old Navy
Belt: Thifted, Goodwill, Etown, Liz Claiborne
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Romwe
Hat: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
I'll be soaking up the sunshine with my cousin and today's photographer Melissa for the rest of the day. xoxo Anna Rae

I'm a little late with this entry -- but I'd love to start participating in Cute and Little's Color Brigade. This outfit seems like a great start.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/09/2011

    you look adorable! yay summer!

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete