Sunday, May 15, 2011

How Green is My Valley

This outfit is all about casual comfort without the sloppy factor. Because I usually wear jeans, I always try to find special tops that can dress them up while being both work and every-day appropriate. Even everyday bottoms like these lighter-wash cuffed capris can pass muster with the addition of gold flats rather than sneakers.
This shell, which has been making many appearances on fashion blogs across the interwebs, fit the criteria perfectly. The unique print reminded me of impressionist blossoms in dappled sunlight, and the colours felt fresh for spring.
My green cardigan is complementary rather than coordinating. It works because its shade has a similar depth and tone as the hues in the blouse. A gold necklace adds additional formality and sparkle but doesn't seem out of place with the sunny print.
Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft

Capris: American Eagle

Cardigan: JCrew, Ebay

Flats: Tory Burch, Ebay

Necklace: Heirloom piece, my Grandfather's

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/20/2011

    your blouse is super pretty, erin. and i'm completely in love with your hair! it looks gorgeous!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete