Thursday, May 19, 2011

Genus Capri Species Leopard

Sometimes you have to keep it simple. I know that leopard will always work with neutrals like denim, beiges, and black or white, and that the addition of any bright colour will help give the print an extra kick.
Because black and white tops are often basis of your look, I like to look for blouses or even t-shirts with special details. Ruffles, pin tucks, or trim on a white or black blouse can elevate a simple look to something more, and are just as easy to wear as a plain one.
My pop of colour came in the form of cheap and cheerful flats, but a bright necklace, brooch, or scarf would have worked just as well. What is your go-to way to style animal prints?
Cardigan: JCrew, Ebay
Trouser Jean Capris: Old Navy
Blouse: Club Monaco
Flats: PURE Alfred Sung, Zeller's
Necklace: Gifted, Kelly
Sunglasses: Kate Spade Franca, Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. Love your trouser jean capris, did you get them this season? Please say yes, I want them. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed-- I bought them about a month ago so you will probably be in luck!

    ReplyDelete