Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Put a Pin in It

One of my favorite things about the beginning of summer is making simple adjustments to the dresses I've worn throughout the rest of the year, allowing them to stay in the closet as summer appropriate. With its blue and white color schemes, I ran with the idea of nautical for this outfit, pairing it with a straw hat, my gold locket, and small touches of bright summer greens and pinks. The result, I think, is lovely.
This hat is too small for me, but I loved it so much that I pretended it wasn't. After a summer of not much success and some Royal Wedding inspiration, I've decided to turn it around (wearing it backwards) and bobby pin it to my head as if it was a fascinator. An elegant solution, no?
The scarf that I tied around my hat went well with, but did not directly match, my floral flats. I like the idea of mixing colors and patterns together, and I think that also long as the main print is basic (small polka dots) and the other prints aren't too bold (shoes, a scarf that can mostly be seen in the back), then it works.
Dress: Thrifted, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Belt: American Eagle (a high school purchase)
Hat: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
Scarf (on hat): Thrifted, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Shoes: Old Navy
Locket: Gifted, Mom and Dad
And now I might spend the next two days in my bathing suit, as the weather forecast is predicting non-stop sun. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. I suggest bringing that scarf to Vancouver next week- I'm hoping it will fall in love with the city and want to stay!
    I also bought a straw hat at Claire's Accessories when I bought my fascinator (a very successful trip) so look out for a cloche with a bow if the sun ever comes out here...

    ReplyDelete