Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blooms in the Gloom


Yippee! The Tights that Bind is participating in its first every Everybody, Everywear challenge: floral. Of course I had to pick my Liberty Floral blouse as a shout out to Liberty's classic flower-based textile designs. Its bright blossoms brought the sun to an overcast day.

Florals  Everybody, Everywear

When I combine a floral print with a colour I usually pick either the most dominant shade or subtlest accent to bring out. If you want to add more colour, like I did with my turquoise necklace, just keep adding more of the hues you find in the print. More daring mix masters (Anna?) can chose coordinating or complementary shades not found in the pattern.
Although the voluminous ruffles of this blouse require toppers to be tucked under them rather than worn over, I like to think of the dramatic frills as more Elizabethan ruff than clown collar.
And, like all nutrient-rich soils, the neutral pants and shoes provided a solid base for the flowers to bloom from.
Blouse: Liberty of London for Target, Target.com
Cardigan: Gap
Pants: Gap
Flats: Tory Burch, Ebay
Necklace: Sam Moon, The Woodlands TX



Check out Everybody Everywear for more florals!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you chose to wear this blouse -- it's one of my favorites! It looks so great paired with turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody Everywear! I love it. You look great, Erin.

    ReplyDelete