Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bon Voyage

Tomorrow, I'm moving to Boston. In order to celebrate this exciting new adventure, I threw a going away party this weekend with a nautical theme.
Although I have much more over-the-top nautical outfits, once my aunt bought me this dress at Anthropologie as an early birthday present, I knew it would be perfect. With the right accessories, it would be the perfect combination of the of nautical and 1960s Cape Cod.
The hair, sunglasses, and shoes were directly influenced by the Cape Cod feel of the dress and the pieces of jewelry were full of whimsy and novelty, just like every theme party needs.
I haven't worn two different earrings in my ears since grade school, but I've always loved the complementary look. Both the anchor and boat were such novelty pieces anyway, I thought it'd be perfect to combine them.
Dress: Anthropologie
Sunglasses: Top Shop
Necklace: Tiffany's and Front and Co.
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
Thanks to Libby for helping me run errands and to everyone who came out to the party. I had the best time! xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/30/2011

    Awww you look so pretty!! i'm going to miss you sooooooooo much! :( But we're out of suburbia and onto bigger and better things. I love you, good luck!

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are, Jules! Remember to try and not wear a Loyola sweatshirt, sweatpants, and flip-flops everyday in college (just 80% of the time).

    ReplyDelete