Saturday, August 20, 2011

That's Not Our Deal

Have you seen the video for Best Coast's Our Deal that Drew Barrymore directed? I'm concerned that maybe I've seen it too many times. I quickly put this outfit together and, later, realized that it was probably heavily influenced by the music video (a slightly sketchy version can be seen here because I know you can't watch MTV links in Canada).
Unfortunately, I didn't commit to the hairstyle, but the bright lips, bright colors, and touch of bling with my favorite novelty necklace certainly reminded me of the Day Trotters. If only the back of my blazer was graffitied with my allegiances. It took all summer for me to hop on board with the short dress and blazer combination, but I'm happy that I came late to the party instead of not coming at all. While very similar to the first time I wore this dress, the blazer instead of a button-up, along with the more structured belt and bright lips, helped the simple cotton seem appropriate for casual evening shopping and dining.
Dress: Target
Blazer: Old Navy
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Necklace: Romwe
Shoes: Payless
Sunglasses: Target
And I think we should all start practicing those hairstyles. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment