Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting my Land Legs

Although I'll admit that I often overdress most days, usually people assume I'm more dressed up than I think I am because they equate dresses with dressy. This dress is a great example of how wearing a a dress does not mean dressing up. In fact, my cousin Elana calls this my Little Mermaid dress because it reminds her of the canvas that Ariel wraps herself in when she finally gets legs (a refresher at the end of the video). It's both incredibly comfortable, but also stylish and casual.
I paired the dress with slightly nautical accessories, perhaps inspired by the Under the Sea references. I love the way the classic blue and white stripe on the belt works with the blue and white design on the beads. My brown slip-ons, a summer favorite, felt just as effortless (even though it's never without effort) and casual as the rest of the outfit.
Dress: Boutique in Notting Hill, London
Necklace: Market in Thailand
Belt: Vintage, on dress from Eons, Pittsburgh
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
My necklace is from Thailand and my dress is from a small store in Notting Hill, London. I love wearing pieces that I bought when traveling because each time I wear them, they remind me of my great trips and memories. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/14/2011

    Elana is totally right, it definitely reminds me of the little mermaid. I love the necklace with this outfit! - megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outfits from overseas are superb. Also, your blog inspires me to stop being such a candy-ass when it comes to every day fashion. xoxo

    ReplyDelete