Thursday, August 4, 2011

Styling it Solo

One is fun. Especially when it comes in the form of a romper. When I spotted this one-piece number at my local Salvation Army thrift store earlier this spring I literally gasped as I grabbed it off the rack. The halter neckline and pockets needed no alteration, but I shortened the knee length culottes to a more kicky length, the better to show off my wedges. I bought them last summer to wear to an outdoor wedding and love their blister-proof soft leather straps.Supporting players were also thrifted finds: both the gingham belt and the bangle came from the same thrift store on different trips. My hair with this look is a modified take on milkmaid braids. Rather than simply parting and braiding, I pinned back the top half of my hair for some soft volume and then crossed the two braids in front like a headband. Romper, Belt and Bracelet: All thrifted, Salvation Army Kerrisdale
Wedges: Ellen Tracy, Winners
Sunglasses: Kate Spade, Amazon.com

4 comments:

  1. Erin, this outfit is amazing! You're an expert thrift shopper and pattern mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/05/2011

    what a cute romper!! love it with the wedges.. perfect summer outfit!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/05/2011

    Beautiful, cute, totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I love the pleating!!

    ReplyDelete