Monday, August 8, 2011

Printed Materials

A printed dress is pretty much dressing for dummies. It makes a big impact for as little effort as zipping a zipper. The downside, however, is that unlike my endless parade of black and white and bright separates, it cannot be combined into endless permutation of outfits.
Still, the conservative neck and hemlines and cool linen fabric make it the perfect summer work dress, even if I do need to remember to stand up straight to avoid wrinkles.
Regular reader have probably noticed my affinity for wedges and these brown ones exemplify why I love to rock a graduated heel: comfort and leg flattery. Even though their colour is at the very bottom of my favourites list (like my six-year-old self I still love pink and loath brown) they work with many of my summer teaching dresses.
Dress: Vero Moda, Plum Clothing
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden, Zappos

4 comments:

  1. This color palette is such a surprising choice, but I really love this dress. Maybe if my Kate Spade clutch takes a vacation in Vancouver, this dress can take a vacation in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like it! The dress is a few years old, one of the remainders of when I used to buy anything and everything I liked without caring if it matched anything I had already. Sometimes a stand-alone piece is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm late on commenting but this dress looks so good on you. It would look even more superb if you added some simple gold tone or silver dangle earrings and some bangle bracelets.

    ReplyDelete