Thursday, August 11, 2011

Khaki Kaleidoscope

Not since my misguided and oversized cargo pant phase have I allowed the crispness of khaki to touch my skin, but when I saw this cute Banana Republic skirt at my local thrift store ($4!) I figured it was time to forgive past indiscretions.I topped the skirt with my impressionist blouse and tortoiseshell necklace to complement the beigey brushstrokes, while a lilac cardigan added a layer of interest.I am surprised at how much I like the final effect, especially since I was a little apprehensive about the skirt's short hemline, the shortest I have worn since my aforementioned cargo pant days.
Skirt: Thrifted, SOS Thrift shop Kerrisdale (originally Banana Republic)
Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
Shoes: Zara

1 comment:

  1. Khaki and a skirt! I love when you branch out from your norm because you do it so well. The pastels in this outfit are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete