Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

Although I'm usually focused on my own style, clothes, and looks on this blog, today I'd like to take a backseat, like any good bridesmaid should, and share some beautiful pictures from this weekend's wedding. Toni, my absolute favorite person from the Derry Area High School graduating class of 2004, married Nate, and their black-and-white wedding with small touches of pink was absolutely beautiful.
The happy couple
I was lucky enough to be with Toni the day she found her wedding dress, so I was almost as excited as she was to see her in it again, with her hair and make-up. I love the dress's neckline, the beautiful lace, the sparkly headband, and the long, simple chapel veil. Her bouquet may be my favorite part of the ensemble, though. The mixture of creams and light pinks makes it my favorite bridal bouquet to date.
Our bridesmaid flowers were a mixture of light pinks to bright pinks, which transitioned nicely into the the bright pink floral arrangements at the reception.

Each of the bridesmaids chose her own style of bridesmaid dress, although they were all black and to the knee. Because each of us chose our own shoes and silver jewelry, we coordinated well without looking too uniform. The result, I think, was understated and classy.
And, of course, no discussion of a Western PA wedding would be complete without mentioning the cookie table (profiled here in the NYT for those of you unfamiliar with the tradition).
Although I failed to take a picture of the table at the reception, here is a behind-the-scenes action shot of us traying the cookies the day before. They were, of course, delicious.
Congratulations again to the beautiful bride and groom. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/08/2011

    Wow! Toni looks beautiful!! glad the wedding went well :)

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete