Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Fashionable Erin: A Brief Introduction

As you dear and patient readers may have noticed, Libby and I have been slacking a bit on timely and reliable blog updates. To inspire and motivate our own fashion, the Tights that Bind is opening its cross-continental conversation (or perhaps sustaining it, since tomorrow Libby and I will be a mere 45 minutes away from each other), becoming more of a collective by inviting the incredibly fashionable Erin to blog.
Erin, as you may remember from previous posts, is already an important and influential contributor to The Tights that Bind. Fashion photographer and thrift store shopping expert, she always made sure I was well-dressed and well-photographed.

I don't want to say too much about Erin's fashion because she's going to blog about it herself, but I'll introduce her style by way of a few things that I really admire in her sense of style.
Erin's wardrobe always seems really complete. Unlike most people, who have one or two winter coats, she has about 5 different brightly colored ones to mix and match with different outfits.
She never shies away from a bold pattern, bright color or novelty print. She also knows how to balance these prints and colors out with basics (a skill I often lack).

Her outfits, like the one above, are often fun and interesting, while still being professional. And as you can probably tell, she loves an animal print.
(This cardigan, aside from being such a beautiful yellow, has the loveliest ruffle trimming. I'm so jealous of it)
And I think she loves shopping more than anyone else I know, so her closet is full of amazing pieces, like this skirt from Anthropolgie.
Despite our clearly different styles, she still sometimes dresses like me.

Most importantly, Erin will bring some much needed DIY features to the blog. She made almost half of the costume she's wearing below (standing beside the great Dolly Parton).
(This is, I admit, less of a fashion shot, by hey I miss the ocean already)
Welcome to the blog, Erin. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be invited to post! Thanks for the great introduction Anna-- I'm currently recruiting photographers and can't wait to get this conversation started :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those tights. I could use a few new pairs seeing as how most of mine are starting to tear.

    ReplyDelete