Thursday, June 10, 2010

Well, that's what we've missed around here.

Yesterday, while in the Verizon Wireless store with my mom, I counted six people walking around the store in their pajamas. I decided that this was a sign that no one could ever have a fashion blog in Western PA because it was a vacuum that sucked out all the culture. Then I got over myself and did some research online, finding some pretty great places in the city. And if I live only an hour from Bloomfield, then there is still hope. So I pinned my sunhat back with a brooch and told myself the blog could go on.
Since I'm living at home, unemployed and removed from my friends, I don't have much occasion to leave the house, especially since I wake up around 12:30 or 1 in the afternoon and everything closes by 10 -- so few hours to really go out and be seen (or perhaps be scene). Today, I decided to go Barnes'n'Noble for the sake of going somewhere else and maybe for a latte -- of course I ended up buying four books, but they were really necessary. Outings for the sake of outings always feel a little bit lavish, a little bit Roman Holiday to me, so I threw on my full skirt to feel as Audrey as possible.
I added the necklaces mostly because I was bored and I wanted some gold in the outfit to go with the sandals and the brooch I pinned to the sunhat.

I didn't wear the hat to the store, only to eat dinner outside with my parents, a good call, my mom said, as it showed that I could understand my audience.
I asked my dad if he liked the way I used the brooch to pin back my hat and he said, "Oh yes. That's what we've all missed around here." The parents are pretty appeasing.
And a parting shot of my shoes, since Mom is still an amateur photographer, and I didn't give her quite enough direction with things like, back up, full shots. But don't worry, Mom, they'll be more backyard photo shoots in our future.
My toenails have polka dots! A graduation pedicure gift from Charity. I really love them.

Skirt: Purr on South Granville
Jewelry: Real Canadian Superstore, Homemade by Lauren the Comp Lit grad student last year, and Malaga, Spain
Sunhat: Store beside our beach house at the Outer Banks
Brooch: Etsy, Whimsical Vintage shop
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village

I'm off to my brother's for the weekend and for the Wedding Shower! I'll make sure to take pictures of my outfits and then post them once I'm home on Sunday. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment