Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rainbow Brite, PhD Student

Today's outfit just called for a grassy knoll and luckily UBC was able to oblige. This dress is all about colour and 1980s cartoon pop culture references: the perfect counterpart to the 1780s unpop culture work I was doing today.

I picked up on the boldest colours of the dress in my belt, shoes, and cardigan to try to embrace the crazy without overpowering it.To continue the dress-focus I chose my go-to oversized pearl studs for some semblance of subtlety.
I think this dress is going to become a summer staple-- it's like fabric Prozac.
Dress: Thrifted, Turnabout Consignment
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Zellers
Earrings: The Bay
Belt: Vintage via Etsy
Thanks for the pictures Mike!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I'm so happy that you have the belt and shoes to perfectly match this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! THis is Anna's Aunt Donna and I absolutely love this dress-the colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete