Friday, June 4, 2010

Life on the Island

Today, I came back from my last ferry trip to Victoria on Vancouver Island to visit Jane. Despite how sad it is knowing that I have to leave, this week of social calls has been pretty excellent, I'd be a pretty great Emily Gilmore if I had to be.
Would Emily Gilmore love these Oxfords? Probably, if no one told her they were only $1.50 at half-off day at the St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, the score of all scores while doing some small town thrifting with Erin last week at her cabin.
This outfit was based around the beautiful, beautiful shoes, so preppy and polished. Also, Downtown Victoria, you're so pretty.
This outfit needs tights because the shirt is a little short for untanned legs and the shirt was being pretty unruly and probably would have behaved if tucked into tights.
Also, aside from the socks, which were a Christmas present from Momma, this outfit was entirely thrifted. I'm not vigilant about wearing thrifted clothes, mostly because I like shopping at malls, but it's kind of fun when that happens.
Also, Jessica's latest What I Wore blogger challenge is "Victor/Victoria" -- wear your most feminine or most masculine. If you recall, I once titled a post the same name and wore a men's button-down, vest, and tie. Perhaps I'll enter it. Or, instead, maybe I'll just think about how Jessica must clearly study our blog for inspiration.

Shirt: Thrifted, Value Village
Cardigan: Thrifted: Value Village
Skirt: Thrifted, Kerrisdale Salvation Army (found by Erin)
Shoes: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store
Socks: Gifted, Mom and Dad

3 more days in Vancouver and my dance card is pretty full. I'll try to document the loveliness. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. I was in Victoria two weeks ago! But it was part of a cruise, and we were only there for, literally, about four hours, just long enough to get some drinks and walk around a bit. Anyways, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete