Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fightin' Planets (Part I)

For the past few days, I've been in Mars, PA, home of the Fightin' Planets, visiting family. One of the advantages of having younger cousins is that you can easily convince them to engage in hour-long photo shoots with multiple outfit changes. So, the first in a three part series -- What I Wore on Tuesday.Unfortunately, we started taking pictures at about 11 at night, which means they're all inside with some questionable lighting.
The dress is actually a skirt that I've pulled up and tied with the tie that should go around the top of the skirt. When you're visiting your family in 90 degree weather, thoughts one through twenty should be comfort.
I think the outfit would have worked better with a more structured belt, but since they're still en route, I'll just have to make do. Fashion improv!
This was really the "Come and Knock on my Door" series, as we stood outside Rachel's room while she tried to adjust lighting for the photos and kept reminding us to not photograph the inside of her bedroom. Don't worry, I told her, I just love a door frame.
I really wish this doorbell worked, but Rachel disconnected it after Julie rang it too much. And, note the necklace, already a summer staple.

Skirt (as dress): Gifted by Aunt Angie at a going out of business sale during one of our mall trips
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village
Cardigan: Old Navy
Necklace: the Real Canadian Superstore

Look out for parts II and III. xoxo Anna Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment