Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not Quite What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear

It's really hard to care about how you're dressed when you know that you'll be stuck at home for the day, with maybe the brief excursion to buy a latte when your mom comes home from work so you can borrow her car. So, if this outfit seems a little uninspired, I'm sorry. Don't blame me, blame the suburbs.This is the first time I've worn this dress without tights and I was a bit inspired by Rachel Berry's styling in the finale of Glee when she wore hers with knee socks. That girl loves a knee sock. Anyway, I thought maybe if less of the bottom of my leg was showing, my legs would look shorter, making the dress look longer. Is this illogical? Most likely.
Also, any reason to wear dress socks with these amazing oxfords. I was wearing a different jean dress earlier in the day, but I liked the structure of this dress with the structure of the shoes better.
Dress: Charlotte Russe
Socks: Gifted, Mom&Dad
Shoes: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store

Is the simple Rachel Berry take on the dress better than my usual pairings with tights, layered tights, or mixed patterns? I'm going to say no, but I do love clutter, so maybe I should let you decide. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment