Monday, June 14, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

Well, I didn't do a great job documenting my outfits over the weekend, mostly because I got lipstick on my shirt on Friday, and I didn't dress appropriately for the weather on Saturday and just felt gross and muggy -- not the ideal feeling for photo documentation.

I do, however, has some photos of my bridal shower outfit. The shower was a luncheon, so I thought a floral dress and cardigan (since restaurants are always freezing in the summer) would be most appropriate. Turns out, I was on the same page as most of the bridesmaids, which always seems like a bit of a success when dressing for an occasion.
I don't know what happened to the lighting in this first picture, but I really, really love it. A little bit hazy and vintage, I think it's actually the humidity shining through. These tights were maybe a little bit of a fail from the Real Canadian Superstore. The fishnet was far too big and they were a bit uncomfortable. Oh well, just another excuse for some more tight shopping (maybe an online We Love Colors splurge?).
The jewelry of my outfit was a big hit, a present from Jane to remind me of the ocean once I left the Pacific Northwest. I have to say, even though it was great to see so much family yesterday, I miss the West Coast.

Dress: C'est La Vie consignment shop on Main Street
Necklace and Earrings: Gifted, Jane
Sweater: Thrifted, Value Village
Tights: The Real Canadian Superstore
Shoes: AE

The shower was really lovely, but its greatest success was the bow bouquet for Emily to use during the rehearsal. Michelle, another bridesmaid, and I were responsible for it during the gift opening, and it's probably the best bouquet ever made. I'll clearly post a picture as soon as I find one. xoxo Anna Rae



No comments:

Post a Comment