Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Reds and Greens (and Pinks!)

The end of term is winding down, which my forever-in-school-mode brain immediately interprets as the Christmas season. Keanan and I, during our first photo shoot, took advantage of this festive spirit, posing with the tree in front of some fluffed curtains (I told you he was a professional).
The more I own this skirt, the more I love it. I wore something similar to this -- the same cardigan and skirt combo but with a different black and white striped shirt -- and, as usual, feel like I really got it right on the second try. The untucked tank top work well to hide the elastic waist of the skirt and the addition of the belt gave the untucked shirt purpose.
I really love pink and red together, which is why this cardigan was an instant favorite. I didn't want any other colors interfering with the amazing combo, so I opted for black tights and black boots. Three straight outfits featuring the black boots? This girl knows how to pack enough for a three day trip inside of a purse.
The small metallic details on the brooch worked perfect with the necklace, and is probably one of the edgier pieces in my collection. I almost hesitate to every claim that one of my outfits is edgy (I am still wearing a pink cardigan with a floral brooch after all), but this one felt a little more rock and roll than usual. My shirt is untucked, after all.
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Skirt: Thifted and hemmed, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Tank top: Target
Necklace: Gifted, Erin
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry
Photos by Keanan (the last of the set, unfortunately)

As the end of the year approaches, I'm reviewing my old outfits for a Best of Anna in 2010 Post. Your opinions are appreciated, of course. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment