Monday, December 27, 2010

Some Groovy Hi-Fi

Nothing says, It's the Day after Christmas! more than new Christmas presents. Yesterday, I spent most of my day at Radio Shack, which was luckily employed by only those with unending patience, and then home, jamming to my records. For years, I maintained that my cherished Fisher Price record player from childhood was better than any fancy record player you owned, until it tragically stopped working at the 33 speed. One day into my new record player, and I can't believe I was so stubborn for so long (I mean, I can believe it, I just regret it).

To celebrate, I wore three of my favorite new bows: my Coach shoes and this adorable bow headband that Janet bought me.
Oh yes, that is how I dance.
I liked the idea of matching the bow on the headband's colors to the rest of the outfit and then tying the shoes in with the consistency of bows. Also, how amazing are my white lace tights with this dress? Everything about this outfit is so feminine and adorable. Perfect for an inside your room, reuniting with old records kind of party.
The weather outside was bleak and my shoes are far too pretty; I wore durable rain boots outside and these shoes only hung out on the carpet with the Boss.

Dress: Thrifted and hemmed, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, Sechelt
Cardigan: Old Navy
Pearl chain: On thrifted shirt, Salvation Army, Latrobe
Tights: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Coach
Headband: Gifted, Janet
Photos: Julie

I've already moved furniture around so that my record player is on a different stand -- one that holds the speakers and has storage space for the records. The most important part, its ability to actually play music, remains. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment