Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Two Ways or Christmas Parts II and III


Merry Christmas, Readers! This purple dress has been the star of my holiday. I bought the dress at the JCrew Factory Outlet Store, knowing that I'd want to pair it with leopard print, but I wasn't sure for which day or how. I loved its classic shape and the adorable collar. Let's first take a look at how I styled the dress for Midnight Mass. Simply is pretty much the word. Once I found these beautiful tights at Target, I knew that they would be perfect for this dress and for a dressier look. Since my ultimate goal was to pair the deep purple with leopard print, I went with a pair of my favorite shoes (yesterday was a good day for shoes).
I matched the shoes to my jewelry and wore my nicest gold pieces.
Dress: J.Crew Factory Outlet Store, Hershey
Tights: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappos
Bracelet: Gifted, Dad
Necklace: Gifted, Mom and Dad
Photos: Mom
For Christmas Day, I went with a sassier (or at least I thought it was sassy) look, which I felt was a bit more dressed down. I bought these animal print tights at Target during the same trip that I bought my white lace tights, and I knew that they would be the perfect day alternative.
After I had the tights, the rest of the accessories fell into place: clutch, belt, and jewlery. The black belt actually makes the dress fit a bit better and makes its classic look feel a little edgier. Mostly just to contrast the look from the night before, I went with silver jewelry and shoes. The open-toed shoes may seem a bit ridiculous in the snow, but I love the idea of open toes and tights.
Dress: J.Crew Factory Outlet Store, Hershey
Tights: Target
Shoes: Payless
Clutch: Inherited, Grandma's
Necklace: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Tiffany's
Earrings: Gifted, AlyWebb
Photos: Julie
TJ and I are pondering the success of these two looks. What do you think? Which is your favorite? Any changes you'd make to either? xoxo Anna

1 comment: