Monday, December 20, 2010

Green groweth the holly

In honour of the winter solstice, I thought I would celebrate the Yule tradition of bringing evergreen holly, ivy, and mistletoe into the home in the way I know best: through clothing. Besides, my black thumb has already killed my poinsettia a week before Christmas so staying with silk greenery is probably a safer bet.
This blouse also gave me the opportunity to wear a beloved green charm bracelet that I love but rarely wear because I can't type with it on. And of course I wore it black and white. Henry VIII might have pretended to be as faithful as the holly remains green but I am a truly steadfast lover of black and white no matter the season.

Blouse: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Cardigan: JCrew Factory Outlet
Necklace and Bracelet: Vintage, Etsy
Jeans: Paige Premium, FAB Kerrisdale
Flats: Expression, The Bay



4 comments:

  1. Have you ever worn that cardigan with the black and white polka blouse you just posted?

    I love this blouse, like all of your Nanette Lepore purchases! I think you've just inspired me to do some internet window shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost wore the cardigan with that blouse the other day but felt the stripes had more impact because I was wearing my black rainboots--I will for sure be pairing them together when I can do a coloured shoe! And of course will blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chose to wear it with the stripes because you did such a great job mixing patterns. I feel like we've finally met in the middle of pattern mixing -- me jumping in and then toning it down until it worked, you observing and then deciding exactly how it should be done,

    I'm happy you also thought of the blouse-cardigan combo! I think it will look so cute since they're both irregular spots. It seems like an occasion for those red heels you have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you look incredible!

    ReplyDelete