Friday, December 31, 2010

Anna's Style, Erin's Picks: Top 3 of '10


My top three picks of the year for Anna had to include her amazing yellow jacket. I love how she styles this blazer in so many different ways to highlight its different elements: preppy, vintage, structured, bright coloured, etc. Never in a million years would I have paired it with this beautiful Rodarte for Target dress, but it is a perfect match that manages to emphasise the best qualities of each piece. Also fantastic here is the sleek haircut and red lipstick, not to mention that sassy glance.

This outfit, for me, is classic Anna: printed tights, shorts, and an amazing accessory. My favourite part of this look is how much interest the subtleties of the layering bring. The paisley pattern on the tights, the bow on the blouse, and the peek of belt all make the look not as simple as it initially seems. I also love the way she paired the rich colours together and united them all with a sensational statement brooch. And did I mention how beautiful does she looks here?

Of course I had to pick this one. Aside from the fact that it is something I could see myself wearing if I was bold enough, it demonstrates Anna's ability to unite disparate elements into a unified look. Stripes, leopard print, a pop of colour, fishnets, floral embellishement, clustered pearls and a bold belt are integrated seamlessly into a total outfit that is both classic and edgy. Anna makes it look effortless but I promise it is far from an easy fashion feat. Well done!
Were these your favourite Anna looks of last year? Did I omit something that you were sure was number one? Let me know. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next year.
xo Erin

2 comments:

  1. Such a surprise that you picked the outfit with the giant brooch -- I almost forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/04/2011

    Anna you look gorgeous in all of these! Great picks Erin! good luck to The Tights That Bind for the 2011 season!
    ~xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete