Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spotted!

My outfit post reminds me of Erin: Black and White shirt, black belt, pop of color, and fun flats. Of course, Erin's outfit combined the pop of color with the fun flats, and she didn't add an embellished cardigan, but, hey, no one would argue if I claimed that my style is louder than hers.
I based the outfit around the shoes, which I love, and wanted to pair the leopard with a bright color. The red skirt seemed like a perfect match -- I love red with leopard print (although I'm already picturing the flats with green, purple, and yellow pieces). Although I love a cluttered look, even I knew that the rest of the outfit should probably consist of neutrals. The tan cardigan seemed like a fun neutral because of its almost crazy embellishment on the shoulder. I kept the shirt and belt black and white to make things as simple as possible.
I love this necklace and thought the gold went well with the buckle on the flat. Although the necklace has bulk, its neutral tones and the space it allows between it and the shirt help to make sure it doesn't overwhelm the outfit. With the fun flats and pop of color skirt, red lipstick also seemed like a must.
And, of course, a close-up of the shoes, the main attraction of today's outfit.
Sweater: New York & Company
Tank top: Target
Skirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Shoes: Gifted, Mom, Zappo's
Belt and Necklace: Gifted, Erin
This is one of my favorite outfits that I've assembled in a while. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. My favourite outfit of yours EVER! (probably because I wish I was wearing it right now even though I hate skirts)
    You look SENSATIONAL!
    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. You look fabulous: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/04/2010

    I love this look Anna!!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete