Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Patch of Blue

Another day, another coloured coat, this one in a beautiful robin's egg blue. Bright coats make me feel like I am making a style statement because they stand out so much against the sea of black and tan outerwear.
My beloved black and white took the form of frothy ruffles subdued with a belt and classic cardigan.

I wore metallic yellow shoes to pop against both the black and white and the sky blue. I love these shoes (and yellow shoes in general) so much that I have to restrain myself from wearing them too much lest they lose their impact. Yellow functions much like red as an accent colour in a wardrobe, but is far less common-- try it out!

Finally, a clear pendent added an extra layer of interest without being too distracting.
Coat: Tulle, Shine
Top: Ann Taylor Loft, Ebay
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Jeans: Hudson, Fab Kerrisdale
Shoes: J Crew
Necklace: Vintage, Etsy
Sunglasses: RayBan, Winners

No comments:

Post a Comment