Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Crisp, Clean Start

What's fresher and cripser looking than a men's button-down? Not much, I'd say.
I paired this very masculine look with pearls and one of my favorite skirts. The skirt is very feminine with its large bow and the shirt brought out its pale blues. The pale blues, defined waist, and pearls reminded me of Betty Draper.
This shirt is about two sizes too big for me -- I often belt it and wear it over jeans for a simple, casual look. Tucking it in to such a high-waisted skirt and rolling the sleeves helped to make the shirt work well with this outfit.
To add some extra interest to my pearls, I clasped them together with my brooch. Who doesn't want to always add an extra sparkle to their outfits? Not picture in these outfit photos are my shoes -- I snagged my pantyhose while taking these pictures, and couldn't get a shot that didn't show the runs in my stockings. If anyone has a tip on how to make tights last, I'd gladly accept it.
Shirt: Thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Purr, South Granville
Pearl necklace: Claire's
Brooch: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
Speaking of a fresh clean start, you may have noticed the new look of the blog. I'm so excited for how amazing it looks, and would like to thank Erin for her talent with design. The vintage stocking ads fit the blog so well! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/09/2010

    whenever our tights at dance would get runs in them, we would put clear nail polish on the ends so they wouldn't rip any further. as to preventing runs from happening in the first place, i have no idea!

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete