Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stripes Ahoy!

Why do I look so happy? It's not raining and I'm wearing black and white and a blouse with a peplum!.

Because of the blouse's nautical 1940s styling, I wore it with wide leg sailor pants that my Mom scored for me at the Scottsdale Arizona Ross (for $2.99!) after listening to me whine about my search for long enough sailor pants for many years. Of all the decades I take style cues from, the 1940s suits me best because although I am curvy, I am also tall and broad shouldered. Plus I love platform and wedge shoes! This recent article about picking a fashion decade based on body type is great.

I was pretty pleased with layering of the detail of the buttons on the pants and the pleated peplum and hook-and-eye closure of the blouse, which add interest to a pretty much monochromatic look.

Also sporting a textured monochromatic look is my lovely photographer Jenna. She wears skirts with lovely details beautifully and always looks polished and simply chic!
Top: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Pants: Ross Dress for Less
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Flats: Sam Edelman, Winners
Necklace: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore



1 comment:

  1. I love those pants and you found the perfect top for them! They work so well together but the basic color palette makes sure that they don't appear costumey at all.

    I'm so glad that you linked to that article -- i was going to do it the next time I wore something in my era.

    Nice outfit and posing Jenna -- you're a natural.

    ReplyDelete