Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Little House on the Austrian Prairie

This outfit is, in the best way possible, a little bit Ingalls, a little bit Von Trapp. I love this dress and wanted to continue wearing it now that summer is over. Although it's a lovely cream, the dress has a lot of grey, a color I picked up on to help winterize it. Grey winter socks, black boots, and a black belt help to make this outfit seem a bit more winter appropriate.
The style and the pattern of the dress makes me feel like one of Maria's charges. I feel like I could bike through the countryside or dance in a gazebo or harmonize with my musically-gifted siblings. The high-collared shirt, one of my favorites, worked well under the dress. The high collar doesn't complicated the dress's neckline, and the ruffles worked well with the sweet, feminine dress. My thin gold chains subtlety complimented the shirt's gold buttons and, like the belt and boots, helped to ground the outfit in the now. You don't want to teach a class actually looking like Laura Ingalls Von Trapp.
I think I need to invest in some more thick winter socks because I am in love with these! I bought them over winter break last year, and they were given the same high priority in my wardrobe. I love so much that I'm wearing them with jeans and my Doc Martens right now.
Dress: Thrifted, Value Village, Reitman's
Shirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe, buttons from Dress Sew, Vancouver
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Necklace: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
Socks: Target
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry

I'll let you go listen to "Edelweiss" while reading By the Shores of the Silver Lake. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment