Friday, November 5, 2010

Nothing but Blue Skies

Sometimes, you wake up too early after a bad night sleep, already feeling stressed about things that are happening or have happened, and think that some really nice weather, the kind you can take a nice, relaxing walk in, will make you feel better. Then, you look out your window and see the rainy gloom you thought you left behind in the Pacific Northwest. On days like these, it's best to pull something unseasonal from the back of your closet and make it the center piece of your outfit.
Today, I chose this summer dress I bought at American Eagle this past Spring, one of my favorite dresses from the past season. It's adorable sweetheart neckline ensured that it was interesting enough to work as the outfit's focal point, even if you would only catch a glimpse of it once it was layered under a cardigan and high-waisted skirt.
I paired the dress (as a shirt) with my cream cardigan, dark denim skirt, and black oxfords to make it appropriate for both teaching and early November weather.
The best part of this outfit? I finally had a chance to wear my robin's egg blue tights. They brightened my spirits and matched the flowers on the dress perfectly.
Dress (as shirt): American Eagle
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army, Kerrisdale
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village, Tommy Hilfiger
Tights: Hue, Macy's
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Fitzwell
I have to say Project Reverse the Effects of SAD Through Clothes had some positive results. I have to remember it for that tough week after Daylight Savings. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/06/2010

    Ah! this looks so cute anna!! if it wasn't so cold outside, i would have guessed that it was summer again!

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete