Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things that rhyme with purple

Of all my coloured coats, my purple one gets the most wear, likely because it manages to be striking but not overpowering (Anna also has a beautiful purple coat, shown here). My yellow cardigan is another item that both Anna and I own. I love yellow with grey, black, leopard print, denim.... the list is practically endless. My favourite thing about this cardigan is the delicate chiffon ruffles, even if they do make laundry day complicated. The blouse's high neck and ruffles have a schoolmarmy vibe that I love in a blouse (plus I actually am a schoolmarm) but an abstracted leopard-looking heart print keeps it current.

I finished off the look with my new silver flats. I have had to replace silver flats in my wardrobe multiple time over the past 6 years of so because they are just that versatile. My newest pair was a bit more of an investment, but one I'm hoping will pay off in longevity. I consider one pair of metallic flats (gold, silver, pewter or even bronze) to be a necessity you might want to consider adding to your wardrobe.
Coat: Tulle, Hill's of Kerrisdale
Jeans: Hudson, Fab Kerrisdale
Blouse and Cardigan: J Crew
Flats: Tory Burch, Ebay

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you showed this coat with this cardigan, because I love complementary colors, and purple and yellow are my favorite to pair. This purple is such a deep, rich tone that it works perfectly with bright pops of color -- like your beautiful yellow cardigan.

    ReplyDelete