Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I really don't care that much about Beauties.

What I really like are Talkers." - Andy WarholToday I went to the Andy Warhol museum for my cousin Elana's birthday to see the Marilyn exhibit and, of course, revisit my favorite Andy Warhol pieces. The museum is bright and fun and at times a little crazy, and I wanted my outfit to reflect that. Somewhere along the line, I lost the idea of bright, but I think the rest of it works as fun and a little out there. I really wanted to wear this denim blazer because I think it's one of my coolest pieces and it feels a bit 60s and 70s rock'n'roll to me, like Nico or the Stones, artists strongly affiliated with Warhol. Underneath the jacket, since it was a neutral, was where I challenged myself to wear something different, something a bit strange.
Mostly I wanted to go crazy with the pattern mixing. I wore my polka-dot dress as a skirt and paired it with my striped tshirt and floral fishnet tights. To add a bit of color and some instant edge, I wore my purple Doc Marten's. I matched my bag to the purple in the shoes and the floral of the tights. Finally, I added some silver jewelry, including my key necklace, for a bit of glamour, since it was a Marilyn exhibit.
Art: Self Portrait Wallpaper, Andy Warhol

Jacket: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg
Dress (worn as skirt): St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, Sechelt, hemmed
Shirt: Target
Tights: Miley Cyrus, Walmart
Neckalce: Tiffany's, Gifted, Mom and Dad
Earrings: Gifted, AlyWebb
Shoes: Doc Marten's, Gifted, Mom and Dad
Purse: Gifted, Aunt Angie

One of the docents (or someone with a similar job) at the museum complimented my outfit, which encourages the thought that I was really in the true Warhol spirit. Thanks Lauren for snapping the pictures! xoxo Anna Rae



No comments:

Post a Comment